The School Council
Carlinghow Princess Royal is made up of children from Years 1 to 6.
Two representatives from each class is elected, one boy and one girl, to represent the wishes and opinions of their fellow pupils. The elected members then vote for a Chair Person, Vice-Chair and Secretary.
Our School Council meet twice every half term to discuss children’s views on school matters such as the new behaviour system, fundraising events and competitions. We have a school council suggestion boxes at the side of the members display to make sure that we can gather opinions and ideas from all pupils about our school.
We really believe that our views matter and we enjoy seeing our ideas being acted upon. We wear our School Council badges with pride and take our roles very seriously. At the start of the academic year, we each wrote a manifesto and then presented it to our peers in the classroom they then voted us on to the School Council.
This is our mission statement that describes why we have a school council:
- We are here to listen to everyone and respect their opinions and ideas.
- We are here as role models for the children in our school.
- We are here to help solve problems.
- We are here to contribute sensibly and maturely to meetings.
- We are here to help the children feel safe and comfortable in school.
- We are here to try and support our whole school community and the people all around the world.
School Council meeting dates:
Meeting time is always at 2:10 – 2:50pm
Monday September 17th
Monday October 8th
Monday November 5th
Monday December 10th
Monday January 7th
Monday February 4th
Monday March 11th
Monday April 29th
Monday May 20th
Monday June 17th
Monday July 15th
Mr Miree and the School Council